Betsy Ross, Executor of "Old Glory"
Betsy Ross Interesting Facts
- Betsy Ross was born January 1, 1752 and died January 30, 1836 at age 84.
- Eloping at the age of 21, she crossed the Delaware River at Gloucester, New Jersey, and married in a tavern.
- Betsy was the eighth of seventeen children.
- She claimed to have done tailoring for George Washington.
- She has been buried in three different locations: Christ Church Cemetery, Mt. Moriah Cemetery, and presently on Arch Street in the courtyard adjacent to the Betsy Ross House.
Claradell G. Shedd
Liberty being formed!